42" build in Central Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 42" build in Central Texas

believe me, Im a gadget guy and have way too many of them. Your stuff looks great and will be around for many years. Should add good value to the property if you ever sell. Anyone ever have experience selling a home with a WFO? wonder what real estate agents say or think about these as a selling point???
    My build documentary page:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1011587...iredOvenBuild#

Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain

Comment

I think it depends upon the patio area surrounding it. Alone, not so much.

Comment

Because I cant get up easily and im stuck at the TV/Puter, thought I'd share my day with you. (Maybe it's the Vicodin talking). I had Arthroscopic knee surgery at 2:00 today. Asked the Nurse to take some pics during the procedure. Doc cleaned up my left knee and found out I have no ACL. Should be good to go but may have to address the ACL at some point.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130918_125235.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	438.1 KB
ID:	297431

Name:	20130918_135559.jpg
Size:	481.1 KB
ID:	297432

Name:	IMG_20130918_141709.jpg
Size:	440.3 KB
ID:	297433

Name:	20130918_143424.jpg
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	297434

Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain

Comment

Glad to see the surgery went well. Looks like your knee is going to hurt today by the looks of the picture

Originally posted by GarnerAC View Post
          Yeah that was tempting because I have all the meters and temp measuring devices too, but I had to force myself to stick to simplicity!
          "Not that theres anything wrong with it"

It will be interesting to see what temps you see at those 3 locations.
          Ps.
          I added the thermocouple info to my thread.
          Last edited by kbartman; 09-19-2013, 03:21 AM.
          Respectfully,

KB

My build
          Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

believe me, Im a gadget guy and have way too many of them. Your stuff looks great and will be around for many years. Should add good value to the property if you ever sell. Anyone ever have experience selling a home with a WFO? wonder what real estate agents say or think about these as a selling point???
            Gudday
            Showed a real estate friend my oven not quite complete and asked is a an asset for the sale of a property? The answer was at that time ... Perhaps but its home made ... So it might ... Or might not.
            Stuck in my mind so I've been mindfull that I did build a working oven ... But an ugly one .
            With one thing and another I've taken my time till now till the finish that I'm happy with,showed a photo .... And the answer!
            Great! Ovens are real popular now and are a great selling point especially ones like yours that are not " package" ovens added to sell a property.
            Figure?
            Recon Tscar's right its all about the presentation.
            Regards dave
            Measure twice
            Cut once
            Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
            My Door
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

All the best with the knee issues. Anything that restricts mobility is an issue but only when those chickens come home to roost.

People are starting to take notice of WFO's in the real estate sense.

Multi benefits to building one of these versatile ovens.
              Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Limped around a little out there last night and got the outer arch supports up.
                Im struggling a tad with this flared arch but think I have it mostly figured out.
                Of all things the Voussiors arent clicking with me. I could go try to guess but Id like to know what is the right way to figure the angles? Do they point to the striking point? This arch will be visible and I want small mortar joints and better looking angles than my inner arch.

Name:	20130919_171244 (1).jpg
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	297467

Comment

Yep, its all about setting out a rdius arc from a centrepoint that strikes the sides where you want it. The bricks then need tapers that follow back to the centre.
                  I find it easier to get a piece of board and mark it all out, and set the bricks onto it as a mock up.

Comment

I think thats what I'll have to do. Get a large piece of cardboard and lay it all out and make a brick template. Looks like the striking point for the Voussoirs is lower than the point for center brick.

Comment

Lay it out physically, it is the only practical way. As always leave the keystone to be cut to fit the as built, not the as designed.

Comment

If I had 2 more bricks I would have finished the outer arch today! My son helped me figure the Voussoirs angles this morning. Going smooth, hoping for good clean consistent mortar joints. Oh and we killed a Coral snake too. Reagan was cutting a couple bricks and looked down to see the familiar Red-Yellow-Black coloring of a Coral Snake slither between his feet. This one was 25" long. We have found 36" ones here before. Reagan was actually bitten by a Rattlesnake when he was 4 years old about 20 feet from where the WFO is. 4 days in ICU but not long term problems.

Starting to think about FIRE........

Name:	20130921_114229.jpg
Size:	843.1 KB
ID:	297483

Name:	20130921_161911.jpg
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	297484

Name:	20130921_123638.jpg
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	297485

Name:	20130921_182616.jpg
Size:	924.7 KB
ID:	297486

Name:	20130921_182534.jpg
Size:	927.0 KB
ID:	297487

Comment

Your best bet is to lay from both sides and don't cut the last one until the rest are in.

Looks great though, other than the venomous aspect.

Comment

Thanks for that you have provided the answer I needed to my front arch challenge.

Much Appreciated
                            Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Limped around a little out there last night and got the outer arch supports up.
                              Im struggling a tad with this flared arch but think I have it mostly figured out.
                              Of all things the Voussiors arent clicking with me. I could go try to guess but Id like to know what is the right way to figure the angles? Do they point to the striking point? This arch will be visible and I want small mortar joints and better looking angles than my inner arch.

[ATTACH]39037[/ATTACH]
                              This was my challenge
                              Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Anyone ever have experience selling a home with a WFO? wonder what real estate agents say or think about these as a selling point???
                                I do. The people that were gaga over the oven didn't have the winning bid...and the person that bought the home didn't really care much about it. My wife and I didn't have an agent, but to be honest, our home kind of sold itself. The WFO and patio area were just an extra that didn't matter to a lot of the lookie loos.

Name:	141 pizza oven(15).jpg
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	297493

Name:	finished2.JPG
Size:	597.6 KB
ID:	297494
                                Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
                                John Ruskin

Comment

Working...
                                X