Randy's dreams do come true oven build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Randy's dreams do come true oven build

Here is what i did but please look at the earlier entries on this post for more details on the heat break.
    Last edited by mrchipster; 06-17-2015, 05:49 AM.
    Chip

Comment

does the rope go all the way around? if so, how?
      George

See my build thread here.

See my build album here.

Comment

Originally posted by gastagg View Post
        does the rope go all the way around? if so, how?
        Yes, stuffed in from the back side. It is open as you build the flue arch.
        Chip

Comment

I have one more question. For the vent heat break would this work.

Comment

What ever method you choose, don't forget the reveal! One is not shown in your drawing as is in Chip's .
            Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Opps sorry I just did not draw one. But I have a 1 and 5/8" reveal. Thanks for noticing and making sure I don't miss something.

Randy

Comment

Just another way to do it and I guess when I think about it your way is much simpler.
                Chip

Comment

Probably not easier, but I went with a knotched design. It gave me full 3" reveal. And, good "side to side" room to work the oven through the flu entry. That's probably about as much room as some have gotten with the "flared" entries. Just another way to "skin the cat" .

Click image for larger version

Name:	Heatbrak Notch.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	266.0 KB
ID:	308753

Click image for larger version

Name:	010 (4).JPG
Views:	4
Size:	530.7 KB
ID:	308754
                  Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Ok that is what I was thinking. Good to hear from someone else though. Gulf I was first thinking of doing it the way you did but now I am looking for quick and easy. I like to say [give a lazy man a difficult job and watch him find a easy way to do it. ] thanks for the response.

Randy

Comment

OK, I have two questions on Chip's diagram, which I wrote on the diagram. I can be a slow learner...
                      George

See my build thread here.

See my build album here.

Comment

Originally posted by gastagg View Post
                        OK, I have two questions on Chip's diagram, which I wrote on the diagram. I can be a slow learner...
                        yes and yes
                        Chip

Comment

Chip I have a question. For the heat break gap could I fill it with just blanket scraps or should I use ceramic rope? And what should I ask for for sealing the gap on the inside, so I know what to ask for at SS.

Randy

Comment

are you going to have any support in the middle of your frame? Are you concerned that the weight of the hearth and oven is will not be supported by just a perimeter of CMUs?

i ask because as i am getting ready to build my 42 corner build, i have some concern as well. I too, was going to go with 72" sides.

thanks!

Comment

Hey Joey how are you. I have no worries at all about the stand. Most of the weight is within a foot of the edge. My slab is also 6" thick with a lot of rebar in it as well. And my front Archie also part of the poored slab and is almost 12" thick. There is rebar and core filling in all the block. So it is pretty much a bomb shelter. Oh and my base is 70"x70"so pretty close to what you are thinking.

Randy

Comment

Well I got my ceramic rope and sealant for my heat break. It sure is nice to have a local place that you can go in to tell them what you want to do and they say here you go this is what you need.

Randy

Comment

Working...
                                X