Randy's dreams do come true oven build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Randy's dreams do come true oven build

I also have one of those as well. It is getting to be pretty wore out as that is how I cut my patio out for my slab. Thanks for the offer. I will see how it draws. I found one option as a work around at menards. It is a stove pipe adaptor . I think I. Could cut some brick to just fit it and attach my chimney.

Randy

Comment

Here it is.

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by RandyJ View Post
        Here it is.

Randy
        Looks like black pipe. I think you want to keep with stainless.
        Last edited by mrchipster; 06-20-2015, 06:30 AM.
        Chip

Comment

It is a stainless adapter for black stove pipe. I believe that it is all stainless just painted to match black pipe.

Randy

Comment

Hey Chip here is where I am at with the top of the vent. And a shot of the blanket installed.

Randy

Comment

Hey Chip here is where I am at with the top of the vent. And a shot of the blanket installed.

Randy
              Nice, and the rain let up just in time for the house build.
              Chip

Comment

Her are a few quick pictures of what I have framed up so far. I am hoping to get most of the cement board on today as well.

Randy

Comment

Well I got a fair amount done today. So I am now almost completely wore out. I got a lot of the cement board on and now have the counter all framed up.I went with 18 gage studs. I think they will be plenty strong. I don't have all the screws in the cement board yet bit the structure feels rock solid. I just need to do a few more things tomarrow.

On to a question. For my stone veneer do I need to put up metal lath on the cement board and if so do I continue it on to the block stand? This is for the scratch cote.thanks for the help.

Randy

Comment

Randy, that looks really great. I'm really impressed! Looking forward to all of us getting together and eating some pizzas from each of our ovens!
                    George

See my build thread here.

See my build album here.

Comment

Wow you do quick work. And one more nice day this weekend. I am not sure. On the metal lathe, I did not use it for the brickwork I did, but I did use brick ties to keep things in place.

Ditto on the pizza parties.
                      Chip

Comment

Yeah the pizza party's would be a blast. I would love to do that.

Randy

Comment

Well I got a lot done this weekend. I got my heat break insulated and the oven insulated. Got pretty much all the framework done and roof and cement board put on. I got it all tarped up and hope that the rain does not get in.

Randy

Comment

Well I got a lot done this weekend. I got my heat break insulated and the oven insulated. Got pretty much all the framework done and roof and cement board put on. I got it all tarped up and hope that the rain does not get in.

Randy
                            Wow randy its really coming together nicely. Congrats! I can smell the pizza already!
                            Best Regards...
                            Gugahulk!

My Build...

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/w...-fl-21793.html

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME
                            Food will always be the best way to spend time with family & friends, and that is all that really matters.
                            STOP THINKING ABOUT IT AND DO IT!

Comment

Gugahulk thanks for the compliments. I am very happy how it all turned out. I did not really have a firm plan when I bought the steel studs. I just kinds thought I need this many and after I cut the first stud to hight of the low side I put the other half on the high side and thought to my self(I think this looks about right). So for having no firm plan I am very happy with what I ended up with.

I wish I could start my curing fires. I have everything ready but no chimney and now that the roof is on I don't think it is a good plan to be having fires. So I hope that the adaptor comes soon.

Also it looks like my tarp kept everything dry. So I am very happy about that.

Randy

Comment

Gugahulk thanks for the compliments. I am very happy how it all turned out. I did not really have a firm plan when I bought the steel studs. I just kinds thought I need this many and after I cut the first stud to hight of the low side I put the other half on the high side and thought to my self(I think this looks about right). So for having no firm plan I am very happy with what I ended up with.

I wish I could start my curing fires. I have everything ready but no chimney and now that the roof is on I don't think it is a good plan to be having fires. So I hope that the adaptor comes soon.

Also it looks like my tarp kept everything dry. So I am very happy about that.

Randy
                                You should be very, very proud its looking awesome!
                                Best Regards...
                                Gugahulk!

My Build...

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/w...-fl-21793.html

**************************************************
                                BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME
                                Food will always be the best way to spend time with family & friends, and that is all that really matters.
                                STOP THINKING ABOUT IT AND DO IT!

Comment

Working...
                                X