new build in werribee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: new build in werribee

Jeeze you guys talking about building round two............the weather is good now so I have no excuses to uncover mine "round one" and maybe finish it by 2016!
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Hey Russell

Been a while. Yep round 2. Better, cheaper, maybe bigger, but same theme for both love the Japanese, garden will do very similar all swmbo wants is somehere to paddle her feet.

Haven't told her yet I will fill it with piranha hehehehe
      Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Hi guys no action on oven daughter flew in from London as a surprise good Friday left Tuesday after Anzac day do nothing was accomplished other than quality time with her.

I do have a question.

When I render the done I will still have the Hebel exposed to the weather. It needs to be rendered also but I am concerned with storage getting under the done. Should I be concerned, if do any suggestions for ensuring a good seal.
        Cheers Colin

Comment

I used liquid flashing, to seal the top and also to stop water getting into the calsil board.

cheers,

Steve.

Comment

Thanx Steve

What brand was it, from where did you purchase.
            Last edited by oasiscdm; 05-02-2014, 04:46 PM.
            Cheers Colin

Comment

Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post
              Thanx Steve

What brand was it, from where did you purchase.
              Hi Colin

The brand I used was "Liquid Flash" only because it was easy to get. Many other products exist. I have used other brads in the past, with good results in bathroom renovations. The paint/membrane has fibres, its thick and is flexible. When dry its ruberish and will stand some movement..

Steve

Comment

Steve, how well did it stand up outdoors or was it okay because you rendered over it?
                Cheers,
                Rosemary

My build so far
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ish-19084.html

Starting out collecting info and materials
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/h...lia-18943.html

Comment

Originally posted by SpottedFrog View Post
                  Steve, how well did it stand up outdoors or was it okay because you rendered over it?
                  I concreted over the top and used tiles to make the entry just below the hearth height, with a slight fall outwards. If you Google "Liquid Flash", you will find data sheets on this brand of waterproofing sealer. Other brands exist that my be more cost effective.

This product can be used on an exterior. But to protect it you really do need to use a hard surface that's heat tolerant to a degree. I would put tiles or bricks over it.

I have attached the sequence to make my oven water resistant, including a door. I also used a bead of silicon over the junction between the render and tiles.

Cheers,

Steve.
                  Last edited by brissie; 05-03-2014, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Hi steve

Thx for that very nice door haven't seen that pic before. I will look it up and use same product looks like exactly what I need.
                    Cheers Colin

Comment

Hey Steve

If you see this liquid flash 1 or 2 ?

I'm getting some time over next few weeks do hopefully get the body oven finished more motivated currently as I have sweet things up to finish so can't use it at the minute
                      Cheers Colin

Comment

oasiscdm,

I used v1, I did not know 2 versions existed.

After a Google, I see that V2 is a two part sealer ( mix A and B chemicals ). I am not a chemist, but V1and other brands have been used extensively, waterproofing shower recesses etc, ( I am an ex Plumber). This type of product was just starting to be used instead of copper or stainless shower trays over 20 years ago, when I left the industry, I don't think a two pack sealer is required.

We will need to see if they break down over time. This will also this will apply to the two pack product.

Note that if you expect some expansion to happen, it may pay to use some duct tape over the joins, so that the sealer joint is concave at the junction between base and dome. See the product details for this. I did not worry about this because I used vermicrete that has some flex, compression/expansion and should not tear the barrier.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve.

Well after near 5 months of nothing. I actually managed to cut afl the decorative arch bricks and begin to lay them.

progress Photo's attached.
                          Last edited by oasiscdm; 05-31-2014, 03:26 AM.
                          Cheers Colin

Comment

Colin,

I know what you mean about doing nothing, I guess we both decided it is time to try an finish up. Nice looking rounded edges on the your decorative arch bricks. As usual, a perfectionist. Next trip to Aussie land I will have to come see in person. Was there earlier this year but in the Queensland area only.
                            Russell
                            Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

You are welcome anytime Russell. I will say though, they are bullnose bricks they come that way. So can't take credit. But I did do the rebates cut, and taper using angleiser.

The bricks are the same as my house bricks. I didn't nearly 2 months trying to source then then found them about 7klm from my place then took another month for seller to get them from his yard he then hdd wrong bricks sent double bullnose.
                              Cheers Colin

Comment

Got a little more done in the misty rain today.

Looks like some weird arse cuts coming up.

Russell - Did you see anyone when in Queensland?
                                Last edited by oasiscdm; 06-01-2014, 04:22 PM.
                                Cheers Colin

Comment

Working...
                                X