No announcement yet.

new build in werribee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And just a couple of the front. I timed completion perfectly so that everything was in flower for open house weekend. Sold day after weekend open for inspection. Flowers all started dieing off the following week.

Last edited by oasiscdm; 11-24-2016, 11:05 PM.
    Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

• Colin,

Wow! The oven looks great. I remember the first days of your build when the discussion was about tying it in with a Japanese garden. You definitely nailed that. I'm already looking forward to your next oven build.
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Gulf View Post
        Colin,

Wow! The oven looks great. I remember the first days of your build when the discussion was about tying it in with a Japanese garden. You definitely nailed that. I'm already looking forward to your next oven build.
        thx Joe.

Will be identical oven, in slightly larger different Japanese garden. I loved the garden so much I will be replicating it. On selling i removed lantern and bowl and grass trees so they will be incorporated into landscaping/

The oven stand will be bigger 2m x 2m and hearth a little lower with base table same height as hearth being the only difference, The surface product i used to seal dome of oven i purchased enough to complete the new oven. Using 600x300x75mm tiled hearth, will be increasing calsil under floor to 75mm thickness will also increase thickness of ceramic blanket. I still wont be using a vermiculate layer and will stick with shiralite layer locking the dome.

Last edited by oasiscdm; 11-25-2016, 04:19 PM.
        Cheers Colin

Comment

• G'day Colin
          Great to hear from you awaiting your next oven... But it's important to unpack a few boxes and put up a few pictures before starting the next oven.
          regards Dave
          Measure twice
          Cut once
          Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
          My Door
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

• Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
            G'day Colin
            Great to hear from you awaiting your next oven... But it's important to unpack a few boxes and put up a few pictures before starting the next oven.
            regards Dave
            Nice hearing from you Dave....
            Yes very much agree, getting carpet installed on Friday, Curtains hopefully a week later. Floors to stop squeaking, painting to do. WE are currently walking around furniture.

Will post some photos of back yard tomorrow.

Am hoping to get the base set out and poured new year.

Cheers Colin

Comment

• Hi Has been a while.

I am curious i have some links to specific pages on page 1 of this thread that do not work anymore.

Does anyone know how to fix these on this forum. Cannot work it out.

Click link in footer of any page and you will see what i mean.

Cheers Colin

Comment

• Colin, that problem may go all the way back to when they broke the site with the big update. I tried using your index during my build but ended up having to surf through your entire 72 pages.
                I started a thread a while back and when Mitch was here he was pretty good at either fixing right away or providing status.
                Nice work by the way
                The forum is slowly recovering from the "upgrade", so I wanted to start this thread to help the moderators find/fix damaged links. I think I know that links to the photo gallery won't be fixable, but if you find others please post them here and Mitch and Co can hopefully fix them.
                My build thread
                https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

• Hi Colin,

I think that JR is right. But, I also think that Mitch was hand repairing each link as they were presented to him. When doing a copy and paste of your first link
                  Base Slab Construction post 24 it points to http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/51/n...tml#post142449

Going to page 2, post # 24 and clicking on the post number it brings up a box that now points to https://community.fornobravo.com/for...901#post199901

I am afraid that those links will have to be repaired by hand. It is something you can do as an edit. I know that that is time consuming but, it is doable.

Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

• thanks guys i will have a look at that first link and follow what you said Gulf. At least there are only 72 pages now not 100 odd LOL

Gulf I went to the first link worked out what i need to do and set it up. Works a treat. Check it out.

I will on the others over the next period week or two.
                    Last edited by oasiscdm; 01-16-2017, 09:29 PM.
                    Cheers Colin

Comment

• Ok Guys I have fixed all the links if any are still broken let me know.

I have noted all the other links past page 36 and will update these over next week.

Cheers and i hope this makes the thread easier to traverse.

I will put all photos into a picasa album when i get a chance. This will include the build of the the out door area. Not loading that up here. My main focus is that this thread focus on the oven Build.

Next oven will begin this year, but need other things completed first eg Deck
                      Cheers Colin

Comment

• Thought i would give you all a few pictures of next Oven site.

As you can see needs a bit of work, but there was a huge yucca there.

The base will be bigger than my first oven am thinking 2m x 2m. Oven same sized around the 40" mark.
                        I love the Japanese themed Garden so will be doing similar to the last oven,
                        but making the changes to this build based on hindsight.

Not sure when i will start as i need to complete a Deck first, as this will give me my levels for the base of oven, as i want it same height as the step off the deck.

Am a little ocncerned about snakes getting into wood storage under the oven though. Scary thought.
                        Cheers Colin

Comment

• Colin,
                          Great to see you have broken ground. Looking forward to seeing number 2 oven!
                          Russell
                          Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

• Sorry its been a while Russell. Just been trying to keep busy and looking for work. Almost impossibe to get work Community Service field at my age and being well,,,,,, male. Epsecially with what is ahppening in this country with mental health being placed back under Disability.

Yes ground turned thanks to a very very big Yucca. A man with a machine to get rid of Trunk left . It was massive about 1m x 1.2m x 900 high.

Not much will happen until i get work.

Although i might dig it out form it up and try to work out levels without the Deck being builit.

Cheers

Cheers Colin

Comment

• G'day Colin
                              Great to hear from you. Lack of work is hard for everyone now. My 2 boys are "are underemployed" at the moment so it effects us all I suppose.
                              Not as active lately but kept my links to your oven so any time you start.
                              regards dave

Measure twice
                              Cut once
                              Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                              My Door
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

• IGood to hear from you Dave, 'm just glad they fixed this site itis quite functional now.
                                I suppose i could start the build soon, but I just felt I needed to get deck done to ensure the levels are correct.
                                I am wanting the base of oven to be level with the step off the deck, but need to excavate the site first.

Might be able to get this done very soon.
                                Cheers Colin

Comment

Working...
                                X