X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpottedFrog
    replied
    Re: Bathurst Build 100cm ish

Well hubby is back from the world championships and things are rolling again. Following Colin's lead I have just picked up the fancy bricks I painted. Very happy. Now if only I could load the photo. Maybe in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• SpottedFrog
    replied

Thanks Colin

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied

Nice work Rosemary take your time there is no hurry when creating your own masterpiece.

Leave a comment:

• SpottedFrog
    replied

very slowly, have the first chain ready to mortar but now the weather is against us, cold and wet and frosty. Kids have been a bit of a handful over last few months and Hubby was training and competing in parachuting before that, oh well i can't eat cheese atm because of the baby anyway, so don't know how well i could restrain myself if hot hubby pizzas were coming out of the oven all the time. boo hoo but it isn't forever.

Thanks for asking though

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

G'day Rosemary
    I was wondering how things were progressing?
    Regards dave

Leave a comment:

• brissie
    replied

looking good Rosemary,

It looks like you have a lot of thermal mass in the base tiles and bricks. The oven should be good bread oven, but will take some time to heat the base to pizza temperatures.

Cheers,

Steve.

Leave a comment:

• Greenman
    replied

Looks good Rosemary - all onwards and upwards from there. Given the quality of the details shown I am sure the rest will work out very well. Good luck with it.

Leave a comment:

• SpottedFrog
    replied

where we are up to now?. about to start mortaring.

Leave a comment:

• SpottedFrog
    replied

some photos from earlier in the build

Leave a comment:

• SpottedFrog
    replied

some more photos

Leave a comment:

• SpottedFrog
    replied

Well hubby is back on the tools stopped throwing himself out of planes for a while. Tiles are cut and in place. Including where the arch sits. Ugg. I think that is the most daunting part of the whole thing. I'll post some pics of that when I get a chance.

Leave a comment:

• madKW
    replied

Hi all I am now up to the rendering stage ,does anyone know where to get the fibers you can add to the render to reinforce it?
    cheers

Leave a comment:

• madKW
    replied

Yep its hot hear today 38c in the shade outside my place .Bush fires in the area some are arson .Too hot to work outside for this old fella

Leave a comment:

• SpottedFrog
    replied

Can't believe this weather. If only the oven was finished there would be no need to cure it the aussie sun would be doing that for us. Oh well we'll get some more done one of these days.
    Sorted the deco arch it will be sandstone. A mate is a sculptor and is doing a swap. Canopy pilot training for a beaut arch.
    But with the fire risk lately we would not have been using it or wanted to fire it anyway

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied

hey Dave

I'm still here and not finished. Guess I should load the photos of progress since Xmas. Not much progress though I just didn't feel the photos justified loading as work has been very sporadic as I am waiting for a moron to ship bull nose bricks [same as my house bricks] from a - b. have been waiting now for 3 weeks.

Point is I pass his storage yard every day as a part of my job, I can see them and smell them but I cannot get them, as he wont meet me there but insisits on getting them to his yard up the road from where I live. Especially when I only need about 22. Took me 3 weeks to locate these bull nose bricks they are only 5 km from my home.
    MOST ANNOYING AND EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X