Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Originally posted by K79 View Post
    Check out my thread to see how I'm holding up my brick. Doesn't work well when you dry fit as the bricks want to slip but to hold them in place with some mortar its awesome. Post 300.
    Thanks 79, I have not had any trouble with the mortar holding the bricks. The high heat mortar is pretty sticky. I like the hook idea will probably use it on the upper courses.

Originally posted by Calisdad View Post
    Nice piece of work kbartman.

My saw just arrived yesterday so I'm a bit behind you. I like your arch transition and your use of firebrick shims on the dome. I haven't seen anyone else employ clay as an aid either. Good idea.
    Calisdad, welcome aboard look forward to watching your build.

The arch transition not my idea, I've seen the pictures of the arch transition successes and failures this one seems to me the way to go. Thanks to all those whom have gone before.

I found that in my cut to fit approach that the mortar was setting up too fast. Clay allowed for me to cut and dry fit the whole course. This allowed me to lay the whole course relatively quick, enough time to allow me to tap around the whole course concentrically while mortar was still workable, allowing better overall alignment. I hope it works on the upper courses.

The shims are just the scape cuts used to fill the wide mortar joints the Super Demon High heat mortar shrinks a lot.

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
    Nice work clearing the arch.
    Utah, a compliment from a pro like you mean allot………. Thanks
    Last edited by kbartman; 05-29-2013, 06:12 PM.
    Respectfully,

KB

My build
    Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
      Chirobuggy's he the man , and he's a only a serf.........Looks like K79 and Boy wonder are going to be pushing his broom...........I promise my next post will be serious
      Thanks for the compliment KB....I was just catching up on your thread ans saw this. Looks like it was from March? I dont know what I did to deserve the complement but Ill take it.

Comment

Originally posted by chirobuggy View Post
        Thanks for the compliment KB....I was just catching up on your thread ans saw this. Looks like it was from March? I dont know what I did to deserve the complement but Ill take it.
        Chirobuggy,
        I was just messing around giving all a hard time back then......... You?re still the man after today?s calculation the post to view ratios of our three threads.

Today stats:
        Chirobuggy.........48 views per post
        Kbartman...........31 views per post
        K79...................23 views per post

By the looks of your stats and your new IT base we will be pushing a broom for ya. Even though K79 just made it to Journeyman status and I'm only a Apprentice. .......LOL

Glad to have ya back look forward to watching your progress.
        Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Okay! now I get it I didn't even know you could look at that stuff but it makes perfect sense now! Surprising though...

I just hope my build looks as good or at least somewhere as good as all that are mentioned. Its great to be able to learn so much from everyone on the site. Just wished I had more time to keep up with you guys. I might be able to catch up now that I'm going all in.

Comment

Finished the the dry fitting for the 9th course yesterday and will be setting it today.........How long before I can remove my inner arch support?
            Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

.....How long before I can remove my inner arch support?
              I think that you could have removed it about 30 minutes after you completed the arch .

Some great looking brick work there KB.
              Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

after being introduced to this website 6 months ago i have been following a lot of these WFO builds from all over the world. lots of great work.

bartman,you have some really nice brickwork there. well done. are you running your flue thru your screened cage?

looking forward to starting my build and hope it is 1/2 as well done as yours and the others.
                jon
                jon

Comment

Thanks all for the compliment?s......tuff going thus far......Yes I will extend the chimney thru screen enclosure. 9th course complete
                  Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Originally posted by kanoer54 View Post
                    after being introduced to this website 6 months ago i have been following a lot of these WFO builds from all over the world.

looking forward to starting my build and hope it is 1/2 as well done as yours and the others.
                    jon
                    Jon,
                    Glad to have ya aboard......Thanks for your comments....Looking foward to seeing your build.
                    Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Arch supports a goner....... Dry fitted the 10th course today............ Modeling clay still working good............. I'm thinking of going back to a full size half brick on the next course............Any suggestions?
                      Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

10th course is complete..........I'm hoping three more courses then plug...??. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel picture #3 the heavenly light from above........LOL
                        Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Looking real good. Nice joints.
                          Link to my oven build on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujb7lqVcSzQ

Comment

No work on the oven today............First tropical system of the year, tropical storm "Andrea"??. Warning in affect.........High wind and heavy rains and possible tornadoes for my WFO next 24hrs...... hope she can take it..........Pool already overflowing
                            Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

No work on the oven today............First tropical system of the year, tropical storm "Andrea"??. Warning in affect.........High wind and heavy rains and possible tornadoes for my WFO next 24hrs...... hope she can take it..........Pool already overflowing
                              Steady, though light rain in Tallahassee so far. Hope you ride out the storm without problems. Bruce
                              Link to my build here:
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/3...lly-19181.html

Check out my pictures here:

Selected pictures of the build.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1168565...g&noredirect=1

sigpic “In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.” ― Albert Einstein

Comment

Well are you still bailing out the oven or did it stay dry? Curious minds want to know. Bruce
                                Link to my build here:
                                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/3...lly-19181.html

Check out my pictures here:

Selected pictures of the build.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1168565...g&noredirect=1

sigpic “In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.” ― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X