My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Bartman, I saw some sketches (I recall) on how you want to finish your enclosure, do you have any final drawings/ideas?

I might be in the market for a few ideas of my enclosure.

Comment

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
      Thanks guys hope to plug her soon............The oven....Bruce just mortar on upper dome
      Kbartman, great looking build. My dome in building up and curious if you have any advice on the upper courses? Bruce
      Link to my build here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/3...lly-19181.html

Check out my pictures here:

Selected pictures of the build.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1168565...g&noredirect=1

sigpic “In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.” ― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by CSpringsOven View Post
        Bartman, I saw some sketches (I recall) on how you want to finish your enclosure, do you have any final drawings/ideas?

I might be in the market for a few ideas of my enclosure.
        Dana,
        Haven?t finalized the enclosure plans, still teetering on the chimney, real brick or faux stucco. I guess I need to get the ironed out soon. My biggest concern with the real brick chimney, is keeping the water out. As tropical as it is here in Florida, keeping my oven and insulation dry, I believe is going to be an ongoing issue. My insulation is still wet from the soaking, I have had heat lamps below the hearth for quite a while and it is not drying out. I think a brick chimney maybe a challenge to keep it dry. I hope I?m able to get it dried out and keep it that way.

Originally posted by Bec1208 View Post
        Kbartman, great looking build. My dome in building up and curious if you have any advice on the upper courses? Bruce
        Bruce,
        Your build is an inspiration to me and others, keep up the good work. I think the biggest challenge is keeping each course as level and concentric and you are able. I think it helped simplify the upper courses and dome closing. I used a 1X2 stick that I cut and sanded to a point to check each course height. The point easily pushed thru any soft mortar on plywood floor. I marked a line on the stick at the inside top edge of brick, after I set the first few bricks of each course. Hope this helps. Looking forward to seeing year next pictures and dome closing.
        Respectfully,

KB

My build
        Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Bruce,
          Your build is an inspiration to me and others, keep up the good work. I think the biggest challenge is keeping each course as level and concentric and you are able. I think it helped simplify the upper courses and dome closing. I used a 1X2 stick that I cut and sanded to a point to check each course height. The point easily pushed thru any soft mortar on plywood floor. I marked a line on the stick at the inside top edge of brick, after I set the first few bricks of each course. Hope this helps. Looking forward to seeing year next pictures and dome closing.
          Thanks for the support. I really like the idea of the stick to keep the bricks level. It certainly is motivating as the dome takes shape and starts to close. Bruce
          Link to my build here:

sigpic “In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.” ― Albert Einstein

Comment

Wow,
            I haven't been around for awhile but I'm pretty sure I've never seen a thread this long! You must be doing something right!!!

dusty

Comment

It is a long thread but a good one! Im taking notes as I am still in the first legs of the journey.

Comment

Originally posted by dusty View Post
                Wow,
                I haven't been around for awhile but I'm pretty sure I've never seen a thread this long! You must be doing something right!!!

dusty
                Originally posted by chirobuggy View Post
                It is a long thread but a good one! Im taking notes as I am still in the first legs of the journey.
                Thanks Guys,
                I was thinking this thread was the usual..........

Any way I'm thinking of buying this IR thermometer??..I need everyone?s opinion. Do you like it? Is the range high enough? If you know of a better one or better deal post the address, thanks all.

THERMO TECH Non-Contact Infrared Digital Thermometer w/ FREE Holster (-58? To +1022? F)
                Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Thanks Guys,
                  I was thinking this thread was the usual..........

Any way I'm thinking of buying this IR thermometer??..I need everyone?s opinion. Do you like it? Is the range high enough? If you know of a better one or better deal post the address, thanks all.

THERMO TECH Non-Contact Infrared Digital Thermometer w/ FREE Holster (-58? To +1022? F)
                  Specs are good with max temp over 1000 f and spot ratio 12:1. Don't know brand but reviews on site are all positive.

It's a few bucks cheaper at amazon.
                  ThermoTech TT1022 Non-Contact Digital Infrared Laser Tempature Thermometer - Amazon.com

This one has similar specs but much cheaper.

BAFX Products Non Contact Infrared (IR) Thermometer Range of -58F to 1, 022F Includes Battery: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
                  Link to my build here:

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
                    Add an engraved heart to the plug and your will be golden with Julie...............She will be peeking inside the dome everytime it clears. Nice work
                    I plugged her today...... I took your advice Utah I'm golden. I used a three piece plug like yours Utah. Let the celebration begin?????.I?ll set the upper two pieces tomorrow. Thanks all for your support.
                    Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

yippy yi ho
                      Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Congrats, nice feeling huh
                        Russell
                        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Congratulations KB!!

It looks great!

Comment

KB

On the IR thermometer, it may be too late now but I got one that goes to about 1250 degree Fahrenheit. When the dome is coming up to temperature I read about 1050 degrees at the top of the dome. But then it cools off to under 1,000

So you'll probably be fine with one that reads to 1,000 - but you might find the slightly higher temp one useful if you haven't bought it already

Neil

Comment

Thanks Guys, Pulled the trigger on the IR gun already, more range more money....Got the Thermo Tech gun.

Planning outer arches, any suggestions?
                              Last edited by kbartman; 06-24-2013, 07:25 PM.
                              Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Ummm....stone.
                                Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
                                John Ruskin

Comment

Working...
                                X