Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Nice job, now the fun begins.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

You have to change the way things look, pic 3 reminds me of a Pixar movie scared guy....
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

I had some dome clearing on the last fire. So far I have not seen any cracks. The last firing on Sunday the oven held heat all week 150F on Friday. I think I'm ready to pour the heat to her.

I installed a couple more thermowells on the opposite side of the others. I think I will add one more over the oven to monitor enclosure temp.

I hope to get the roof trusses done, finish insulating, and get the oven dried in this week. I have the next couple days off work.

I trying to get my mind around attaching the felt paper to the Hardieboard. I tried a hand stapling gun and 1/4" staples the shortest I could find. No luck just bent staples.... I was thinking a hammer type stapler may do the trick, or would it bend the staples also? Any suggestion before I spend the money for one?
        Last edited by kbartman; 10-13-2013, 03:24 PM.
        Respectfully,

KB

My build
        Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
          You have to change the way things look, pic 3 reminds me of a Pixar movie scared guy....
          Just imagine a roaring fire in its mouth, with the circles glowing day-glow green in the dark?

Comment

Originally posted by Laurentius View Post
            Just imagine a roaring fire in its mouth, with the circles glowing day-glow green in the dark?
            Been looking for a picture of the Pixar's scared guy, please post pic........ I hope it will blend nicely when the stucco and lights are complete
            Last edited by kbartman; 10-14-2013, 05:00 AM.
            Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

kbart

Gonna have to use screws to attach to hardiboard. If you are worried about moisture at the penetration, smear some silicone on there. But the pressure of the screw should prevent moisture. Great job BTW.
              Texman
              Texman Kitchen
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...ild-17324.html

Comment

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
                Been looking for a picture of the Pixar's scared guy, please post pic........ I hope it will blend nicely when the stucco and lights are complete
                It does, and will look even look greater! I'm looking forward to seeing your finished oven
                Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thanks Guys,
                  More screws for the felt, I'm running out of places to put them I figure a washer would help. I hope I will still have room for screws on the metal lath..........I found my first heat induce crack today. I should have started with charcoal. The kindling fire for the bed of coals was very hot quickly. I thought it could handle it. The crack is maybe 1/32" or more. I tried to photograph, it did not show up. Oh well it's official all domes crack at least mine. I'm sure there are many more under the insulation. The oven is starting to clear now, crack is smaller maybe 1/64". It is on the inner arch. Should have started with charcoal.

I was able to finish the insulating and get the trusses mostly complete today. Completed thermowell for enclosure temp... I have 5" inches of fiber blanket surrounding the upper portion of the dome 3" the lower. I used the rest of my vermiculite at the bottom of wall enclosure then finished with fiberfrax loose insulation up past the additional 2'' of blanket on the upper portion....Hopefully get the roof dried in tomorrow.
                  Last edited by kbartman; 10-14-2013, 08:32 PM.
                  Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
                    Been looking for a picture of the Pixar's scared guy, please post pic........
                    Do you not see it?

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Do you not see it?
                      I see it, I was hoping you were going to post the cartoon character, maybe I can use it as a new avatar.
                      Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Well I was hoping to get her dried in. Oh well, at least I think I'm finished with the curing. Dome top read over range on my IR thermometer with top thermocouple reading in the 950F range. I poured the coals to her at the end of the evening. Today dome holding steady 650F saturated temp, fire out..

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2627.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	297893

Name:	DSCN2634.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	297890

Name:	DSCN2635.JPG
Size:	231.7 KB
ID:	297891

Name:	DSCN2636.JPG
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	297892
                        Last edited by kbartman; 10-16-2013, 10:47 AM.
                        Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Getting close to getting her dried in on the rear........... I'm trying to wrap my hands around the flashing on the ridge and terminating the wall flashing. Any ideas on how to finish the ridge and some kind of kick out flashing were the wall flashing terminates? I'm not shore how to cut and end these to get the best water tight seal. Any suggestion's and or pictures would be greatly appreciated.
                          Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

The ridge flashing should go first.
                            Take the wall flashing past the ridge from both sides and cut vertically allowing one to over lap the other..

I have just used silastic to hold the lead flashing on my chimney on the house, its been there for over 18 years and not 1 leak.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

The ridge flashing should go first.
                              Take the wall flashing past the ridge from both sides and cut vertically allowing one to over lap the other..

I have just used silastic to hold the lead flashing on my chimney on the house, its been there for over 18 years and not 1 leak.
                              Thanks Brickie,
                              But I'm still not seeing it. I look for this on you tube. Couldn't find anything. I'm a very pictorial person on figuring out things, please bare with me. If I can see it I can do it.
                              Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Try this.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
                                X