• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken524
    replied
    Re: Kemo's South Austin Pizza Oven

Looks great! I love the Ying-Yang. Your oven will be in perfect balance
    You will be laying firebrick in no time!

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Here is day 10:

Chris was kind enough to set me up with a 2.8 cubic ft bag of Pearlite and I recieved about 2 cubic ft of vermiculite from another Austinite. I ended up buying about another 2.5 cubic ft of vermiculite from Lowes and 2 bags of 90 lb Portland Cement bags. I mixed the vermiculite first for no particular reason and then the pearlite. Looking back, I should have made a homogenous mixture of the two before hand. I could have easily done this in a couple of large trash bags. As they say, Hindsite is 20/20. In any event, I ended up with a Yin-Yang kinda design in there which was completely random.

I started at the front with vermiculite and finished with pearlite. I wonder if this will cause a temperature difference? somehow I think any temp differences will be insignificant.

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Chris,

thanks for the garlic tip... I bet it would be super easy to wrap up a whole head of garlic in aluminum foil loaded with EVOO and toss it in the pizza oven.

Thanks for passing along the extra Heatstop and pearlite. I put the pearlite to good use yesterday. If I have anything left over, Ill do the same and pass along any leftovers to a new oven.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied

Looking good on that concrete and refreshment, Kemo.

I thought I had a good idea when I bought a combination corkscrew/bottle opener to mount on the finished oven. Now I see I need a kegerator to keep up with the guy down the street!
    :-)

*I worked several years at the College Station Domino's. I've been known to roast a few heads of garlic through the conveyor oven to put on my pizza.

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    like I said, its kinda commercialized, but it does have some interesting articles.
    I agree it does have some descent articles, I used to receive it while I was a manager for Domino's Pizza. (That's where I developed my Mad Skillz at pizza making)
    Last edited by asudavew; 10-12-2007, 02:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

its a magazine that is actually geared towards people that own a pizza restaurant. so there is alot of advertizement. However, they often have recipes and other interesting tidbits.

a buddy of mine that used to run a CiCi's had one at his house and I nabbed a subscription form.

Pizza Magazine - Pizza Today - the top pizza trade magazine in the pizza industry

like I said, its kinda commercialized, but it does have some interesting articles.

I guess they earn revenue from the advertizers because they dont charge for a subscription.

Leave a comment:

• Brauma
    replied

Speaking of beer...i got a subscription to Pizza Today Magazine. it was free and has alot of cool stuff. This issue has an article that pairs differnt Beers with Pizza toppings.
    What?! How can I get a free subscription and beer?

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Speaking of beer...i got a subscription to Pizza Today Magazine. it was free and has alot of cool stuff. This issue has an article that pairs differnt Beers with Pizza toppings.

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

You know......

I saw one of these at Walmart a few weeks ago!

I might just have to do lay-away or something!

Thanks for the pics!

Crud... I forgot... they don't do lay-away.

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

so here are the pics of the kegerator...

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

Merry Christmas sweetie, it's what you always wanted.

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

make it a surprise!

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

With as much room as you have, I bet you could have the tap on the side of the pizza oven and hide the keg cooler and CO2 bottle somewhere out of site. Now wouldnt that be interesting?
    Just had to put that thought in my brain didnt ya?

Now... how do I break this to the wife?

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Dave,

I noticed some people are requesting that you build a keggerator! There are tons of articles online showing how to do this with a standard fridge. With as much room as you have, I bet you could have the tap on the side of the pizza oven and hide the keg cooler and CO2 bottle somewhere out of site. Now wouldnt that be interesting?

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

Thanks for the info!

And some pics would be cool when you get the chance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X