X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kemo
    replied
    Re: Kemo's South Austin Pizza Oven

I have one of those "Keggerators" mine is made by Sanyo and I think it was a FRY's Electronics purchase or possibly an HD purchase. I dont really remember. I got it in an exchange of sorts. Back when Vince Young played for the Longhorns a few years back, a buddy of mine was lobbying hard for a certain number of football tickets. I just happen to have season tickets, another buddy of mine split the cost for a block of 4. Long story short, I bartered the Keggerator for single ticket entry to Ohio State, Oklahoma and some other team. That year I could have paid for my entire season tickets by just selling Ohio State and OU, so I think he got a deal

The thing works great. Mine will hold a 15.5 gallon keg and has a CO2 bottle that came with it. It basically looks like a mini fridge, like one you would find in a hotel or barracks. They come with everything you need including tap and all connections for american beer kegs. I need to take a few pics and post. Its been one of the best appliances ever in my household. The longest I have ever had a keg was 2 months. The first beer was as fresh as the last. Lately, the kegs arent lasting as long. I wonder if im getting ripped off with a keg that shows up half full?

I keep threatening to purchase a European coupler and start trying out some of the German beers like Spaten. Guinness would be really cool in the winter time but you gotta have a really special setup for that.

In any event, Beer and Pizza go together, IMHO. So if you are gonna go bawls to the wall on the Pizza Oven, dont forget the keggerator for the Beer! Its like having Cornflakes without the milk!

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

Originally posted by Acoma View Post
    Two Dog, I take it you are in the planning stage. Do you know the area and size? You may want to open your own thread to get details going, it would be a bummer to highjack Dave's thread.
    Actually this is Kemo's thread..........

And I didn't think he was hijacking it.

And I don't think Steve will mind if we talk about kegs.......

But what I don't understand.... what if you buy a keg of beer, and you want to keep it for several weeks or even a month... I know, once you tap it, that it has to stay cold, but don't you have to keep it pressurized too?

And Les.. I agree. Probably just a mini fridge for me!

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

It would be great to see what you are thinking about for oven idea. I have been at fault several times for highjacking a thread to get involved with different material. By no means was I insinuating you were. Go to the main forum area and choose introductions. There you may open a thread and discuss your ideas. Welcome aboard.

Leave a comment:

• Two Dog's Brewing
    replied

Well I wasnt Hijacking just commenting on the kegerator idea. What do you mean my own thread. I have not determined size yet.

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

Two Dog, I take it you are in the planning stage. Do you know the area and size? You may want to open your own thread to get details going, it would be a bummer to highjack Dave's thread.

Leave a comment:

• Two Dog's Brewing
    replied

Tap beer isnt to bad as long as you know what you are getting into. I have a Home Microbrewery at my place. I usually keep 4 styles on tap. Yes you need CO2 to move the beer. If you are using a commercial keg the beer is already carbonated. So as long as its cold and not open, then the CO2 will stay in the beer and stay carbonated. You need either a hand pump or CO2 to serve the beer. usually about 12-15 PSI works great. I want to build my first oven so I can make pizza to go with the fresh beer.

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

I used to have beer on tap - a pain in the butt. Put in a mini fridge, stock it with your flavor of choice...done. (then again, that's my opinion, and I respect it )

Les...

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

If I build it..... They will come!

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having one, but I'm not sure of how to do it.

Don't you need CO2 to keep a keg pressurized so the beer doesn't go flat?

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

Dave, we want answers...will you build the keggerator?

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    ive got mugs from here and there

thats "Live Oak - Oktoberfest" I have a super cool keggerator that keeps me hydrated during all this hard work!
    Now Dave needs a pic of the keggerator too.......

Non ending process.

Now I have to build one of those in as well..

I'm running out of yard space!

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

We all agree, great taiste in beer. Keggerator, hmm....island is yet to be built, this may sound very good.

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

ive got mugs from here and there

thats "Live Oak - Oktoberfest" I have a super cool keggerator that keeps me hydrated during all this hard work!

Leave a comment:

• Brauma
    replied

Yes, a nice amber ale and a Breckenridge pint glass. You're talking my language!

I'm enjoying following your progress. Keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

Now that looks like a tasty beer!
    That should go great with some wood-fired pizza

Is that fajita meat?

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

this pic is for Dave who wanted to see a picture of a beer in action. At this point, Im letting my concrete setup. I also need to financially recover from this round of action and start getting my Vermiculite and Firebrick together.

so for the next week, my pizza oven stand will be used as a prep area for the grill

Leave a comment:

Working...
X