Try this.
    Thanks Brickie I'll go give it a try.
    Respectfully,

KB

My build
    Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

• Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Is the flashing stuck behind the stucco on the right side of the oven or is that just an optical illusion? If it is I would be concerned about it causing the stucco to shear off the wall.
      My oven build

Comment

Originally posted by Grtiz View Post
        Is the flashing stuck behind the stucco on the right side of the oven or is that just an optical illusion? If it is I would be concerned about it causing the stucco to shear off the wall.
        No optical illusion, although in the picture the flashing had not been installed yet. The flashing has since been installed and attached to the wall. The flashing ends at the roof line with a kick out bend/cut on the flashing. The stucco on the chimney will terminate by over lapping the flashing 2 inches with roofing felt and metal lath with a weep edge. I think the is the proper way to end the stucco /flashing. I will take some picture this evening. Attached are the pictures I believe are the area of your concern. I appreciate your advice.

Thanks,
        Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Cooked my first successful pies today. I think I had the oven a little to hot. Better luck next time . I look forward to many more as I perfect the process. I cooked three.........no leftovers, that must mean I did ok.
          Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Those look a lot better than my first few pies, as I recall Brickie called one of them "real ugly" or something similar he even wanted to make an ugly pie hall of shame...
            Chip

Comment

Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
              as I recall Brickie called one of them "real ugly" or something similar he even wanted to make an ugly pie hall of shame...
              Me? Would I do that?
              The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

It is a bit of a steep learning curve at the start but I don't recall anyone saying that their first attempt hit the bin.

Those look pretty good to me, no leftovers is a good sign and since they are genuine they would have to be better than the franchise offering.

You now have the benchmark. Congratulations and good luck with the development program.
                Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Pizzas look great Bartman. No leftovers is always a good sign.
                  Chris

Link to my photo album:
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/hodgey...7646087819291/

Link to my build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...nia-19366.html

Comment

My procrastination has pushed my build thread off the first page. Warning to those whom have not fired there oven's yet. I'm know I'm not the first to mention this but it's true. Progress slows when your have a working oven.

It's doesn't help when the parents decide to become snow birds and take up residence to get out of the Ohio cold. I love having them and we are enjoying the cooler nights here in Florida around the oven. We roasted marshmallows last night, the daughter has been asking for a while, she was happy camper last night.

Cooked some pork chops with my newly fashioned grill grates. I'm not sure were I seen the idea of the carriage bolts thru a salvaged grates. It's sure worked great. I put together two, I may fashion a third. The smaller size makes maneuvering and tending the fire easy.
                    Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Good looking chops and nice job repurposing the old BBQ grills to make a Tuscan grill. Know what you mean about finishing the oven after it is functional. I'm still dragging a#$ of finishing mine.
                      Russell
                      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
                        Good looking chops and nice job repurposing the old BBQ grills to make a Tuscan grill. Know what you mean about finishing the oven after it is functional. I'm still dragging a#$ of finishing mine.
                        The chops were excellent. Did some burgers this past evening. I made a mess with all the grease on the hearth in the vent area . Anyone know what the best way to clean up the bricks? I tried placing some hot coal there for awhile, but it didn't seem to do much.

Utah,
                        How is the sheet metal practice going. Have you moved on to the copper yet?
                        Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Winter has hit and the oven is blue tarped. I spent the last of my construction days working on a deck and pergola adjacent to the oven. So the finish work on the oven sits at a standstill. But I am getting a second wind now and thinking hard how to finish copper shingles. Thanks for asking.
                          Russell
                          Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Well it been a while since I posted anything on my build, been enjoying the family while they have been in town and became snow birds. Loved experimenting with my oven with everone over the holidays, many successful pizzas and cooking creations shared with family and friends. Parents leave today for the cold winter wonderland to enjoy Christmas at home in Ohio. Loved having them here and think and hope they enjoyed their stay.

Now that I'll have much more time on my hands or a least have no excuses it is time to get busy and finish the stucco and wish me luck.
                            Last edited by kbartman; 12-16-2013, 06:48 AM.
                            Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Well looks like stucco will have to wait till after the holidays. ............. I've struggle with how I was going to keep everything dry during the process. I tried attaching the first layer of paper on the area beneath my temporary water proof enclosure. I quickly realized that I would need to remove the temporary structure to accomplish a neat lath and stucco job. I work entirely to slow and the oven and chimney's exposed Hardie board would surely allow water intrusion into insulation. So I've sealed the boards and joints with caulking, fiber mesh and a water proof roof seal. I will add only one layer of paper before attaching the metal lath. This should act as my bond break and the sealer should serve as the drainage plain. I hope I didn't mess up by doing all this, I'm hoping all will be well. I guess I could do two layers of paper but I don't think it is necessary. Suggestions welcome.

Now that the temporary enclosure is removed and everything is dried in I can take my time and work out the finish detail. I'm not perticuly happy with the profile I'm hoping, counters on each side and landing will bring it into better proportions. I'm thinking the backsplash for the counters will extend to the top of the knee wall. The chimney cap will be placed onto my chimney extension.......I think I like the lower profile but need to get the heat and smoke further away from my screen enclosure.

Hope you all have a great Christmas.
                              Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Hey KB

Looking good very impressive build is that a fa?ade only i.e. Dog House look at front igloo at back?

My memory needs refreshing a little.
                                Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Working...
                                X