Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RandyJ
    replied
    Looking good. You are getting very close to done. Do you think you will finish today?

Leave a comment:

• MnDude45
    replied
    One more course down. I ended up build an elevated platform that worked well. One more course and the plug.

Leave a comment:

• MnDude45
    replied
    Course 8 is complete. Gravity, thou is a heartless b****.

Is that the light at the end of the tunnel or is that a train…haha

Leave a comment:

• MnDude45
    replied
    I finished up another coarse yesterday. I’m battling gravity more and more with a few issues before I was able to get the support in place.

Hopefully will get another course done to

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied
    MnDude45 ,I do wish it was a good time to start. Unfortunately I would need to build a patio at the same time and just don't want to spend that much money at the moment. The commercial/ industrial electric business is very slow currently. I have only worked like 3 months in the last 2.5yrs. So until i can get back in somewhere and work for a stretch of time I will have to put my wants on hold.

Your build is coming together nicely. I can't wait to see it complete.

Leave a comment:

• MnDude45
    replied
    RandyJ - No time like the present

i was able to finish another course this weekend. It took me some time to refamiliarize myself with the process again but hopefully I can make steady progress to finish the dome in the next few weeks.

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied
    Looking good. Seeing that makes me miss mine. I have been having thoughts of building a new one again lately.

Leave a comment:

• MnDude45
    replied
    Alright, I got back at it last weekend between raindrops. I was able to finish the course meeting the inner arch without major issue. I will try to complete another course today and tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied
    Any progress this spring yet?

Leave a comment:

• mongota
    replied
    Originally posted by MnDude45 View Post
    RandyJ - I closed it down for this fall. Wrapped it up tight with moving blanket, 6mil plastic and a tarp. I had to switch today to my winter project. I promised my grandkids a skating rink this winter so I’m spending this beautiful Saturday putting up the boards.
    Outstanding! We used to do that when I was a kid, that and pond hockey.

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied
    Sounds good. We will look forward to seeing more progress in the spring.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    Must be a MN thing. My stepson lives in White Bear and he floods his backyard with water for the same thing. He played hockey his whole life and it is still in his blood....lol

Leave a comment:

• MnDude45
    replied
    RandyJ - I closed it down for this fall. Wrapped it up tight with moving blanket, 6mil plastic and a tarp. I had to switch today to my winter project. I promised my grandkids a skating rink this winter so I’m spending this beautiful Saturday putting up the boards.

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied
    You have been making good progress. We have some beautiful weather this weekend so maybe you can make some more progress.

Leave a comment:

• MnDude45
    replied
    I was out of town most of this weekend but made it home and was able to spend some time cleaning mortar from the arch and the gaps in dome. Looks much better.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X